Animal Control

In August of 2016, The Stallings Town Council adopted the Animal Control Ordinance of Union County for the Town of Stallings.  This allows all County Animal Control Ordinances to be enforceable in the Town of Stallings as well as allowing Union County Animal Control Officers to act within the town limits.  If you have an animal control issue, call the non-emergency dispatch number (704-289-1591) or 9-1-1 depending on the situation.  A Stallings Police Officer will be dispatched along with Union County Animal Control.
To view the Union County Animal Ordinance please Click Here.

Answers to Frequently Asked Questions:

  • There is a leash law in Stallings.  “No owner or keeper of any cat or dog shall permit the dog or cat to run at large or cause a nuisance to any other person.”  An animal can be considered a nuisance if it interferes or disturbs others or causes damage off its property.
  • State Law requires that every dog, cat, and ferret over four months of age shall be vaccinated against rabies.
  • State Law requires a person bitten by an animal that is required to be vaccinated against rabies shall notify authorities immediately.
  • It is a felony to steal/take a dog from an owner.
  • Traps are loaned through Union County Animal Services to trap nuisance animals, dogs, and cats.  These traps cannot be used for wildlife. 
  • Visit the shelter at 3340 Presson Rd. Monroe, NC to sign a trap out. 
  • Office hours are Monday through Friday from 8 am to 5 pm. 
  • The shelter telephone number is 704-283-2308.
  • If you are having problems with wildlife, please contact NC Wildlife at 919-7047-0030 or
  • Neither Stallings Police nor Union County Animal Control removes dead animals.  If there is a dead animal in the roadway, please use the non-emergency dispatch number, 704-289-1591.