Applications, Permits, and Inspections
The Planning Department is responsible for enforcement of zoning regulations, issues zoning permits, and conducts final zoning inspections for all new construction, additions, up-fits, and accessory structures. Union County Building Code Enforcement reviews building plans, issues building permits, and provides building inspection services to the Town. To contact Union County Building Code Enforcement click here.
A complete application containing all information as required by the Town of Stallings shall be submitted, along with applicable fees, to the Development Administrator.
Zoning, Use, or Sign Permits
The permitting portal has been having some technical issues and providing many with a "Bad Gateway Error". If this happens to you, please do the following:
1. Clear your cache and cookies in your browser.
2. If clearing your cache and cookies does not work, try using a different browser.
3. You can also use this alternative link here in order to access the permitting portal. (This link can also be sent through email.)
4. If none of the options above work, please use a .pdf version of the permits through the hyperlinks below.
Please use the button above to apply for or search for a zoning, sign, or use permit. A zoning permit is required for any construction project in the Town of Stallings. A sign permit is required for installing any permenant or temporary sign, unless the sign is exempt as listed in Article 17, Section 17.6, of the Development Ordinance. A Use permit is required for any change in use, including operating a business from home (home occupation).
Zoning Compliance Inspections
Zoning Compliance Inspection Checklist: This is what the Town of Stallings looks for during these inspections. Before Union County will issue a Certificate of Occupancy, a Zoning Compliance inspection must be performed by the Town of Stallings. To schedule a Zoning Compliance inspection, contact Patrick Blaszyk, and include the as-built survey. This as-built survey should include dimensions of all existing and new structures, impervious surface calculations, and all applicable stormwater management facility information.
All homes being inspected must be move-in ready. This means there shall be no cracks in the driveways or sidewalks. There will be no missing stabilization including sod, straw, and garden bed materials. All of the stabilization will be aesthetically presentable. Lastly, all sidewalks and driveways must be freshly pressure washed. Any homes that are not move-in ready will have their inspections postponed until they are move-in ready.
Permits and Applications
In addition to the Zoning, Sign, and Use permits that can be applied for using the button above, the Town of Stallings has several permits that must be filled out digitally or printed. Please contact the Planning Department with any questions regarding these permits or applications below.
- Fee Schedule: Please click the link to view the fee schedule for all the associated permits that the Town requires.
Land Development Application & Permits
- Plan Review Application: This application was established to assure that adequate services and facilities can be provided for these developments and to assure that they do not negatively impact the area in which they are proposed to be located or the Town as a whole. Plan Review's can take up to 30 business days per review.
- Subdivision Plat Review: This is required for both Major and Minor subdivisions. For Major subdivisions, Review and approval of the Preliminary Plat by the Development Administrator is required under the Major Subdivision review process, with review and approval of the Final Plat made by the Development Stallings Development Ordinance – Article 7 - Page 123 Administrator. For Minor subdivisions, review and approval of the preliminary and Final Plat by the staff permits a speedy review while ensuring that the proposed Subdivision meets all requirements established by the Town of Stallings. This application has a 20 business day review policy.
- Driveway Permit: No driveway or other point of access to a street maintained by either the Town of Stallings or the North Carolina Department of Transportation shall be constructed, relocated, or altered unless a driveway permit or other approval is obtained from either the Town of Stallings or the North Carolina Department of Transportation. The applicant shall comply with the standards for driveways established by the North Carolina Department of Transportation. All driveway plans shall be reviewed by the Town of Stallings prior to construction of the driveway. All driveways shall be paved surfaces within the public right- of-way.
- Tree Disturbance Permit: In order to receive a Tree Disturbance Permit, applicants must first sign an affidavit agreeing to abide by ANSI 300 Standards for tree care. Except as otherwise exempted herein, it shall be unlawful to remove, excessively prune, apply chemicals that are harmful to, or disturb any tree or the soil within the CRZ of any tree, clear vegetation from a site; or begin any excavation, remove soil, or place fill on a site within Stallings and its extraterritorial jurisdiction until the Development Administrator has issued a permit certifying that such activity complies with the applicable provisions of this Ordinance.
Administrative Application & Permits
- Annexation Application: Application for Annexation into the Town of Stallings.
- Rezoning Application: Application to rezone a parcel or parcels of land from one zoning district to another.
- Text Amendment Application: Application to amend a the Stallings Development Ordinance (SDO). Full and complete applications must be submitted by 12:00 noon on the last business day of the calendar month in order to be considered at the meeting of the Stallings Planning Board scheduled for the following month.
- Variance Application: Application to apply for a variance from a zoning district. The variance process administered by the Board of Adjustment is intended to provide limited relief from the requirements of this Ordinance in those cases where strict application of a particular requirement will create a practical difficulty or unnecessary hardship prohibiting the use of land in a manner otherwise allowed under the Stallings Development Ordinance (SDO).
- Administrative Appeal Application: This application is to be used for an appeal of an Administrative Decision, Section 6.2 of the Stallings Development Ordinance (SDO). To appeal the decision of the Board of Adjustment, refer to Section 6.1-9 of the Stallings Development Ordinance.
- Special Use Permit Application: This application is issued to authorize development or land uses in a particular zoning district upon presentation of competent, material, and substantial evidence establishing compliance with one or more general standards requiring that judgement and discretion be exercised as well as compliance with specific standards. This includes permits previously referred to as “conditional use permits”.
- Zoning Verification Letter Application: This application requests a letter that verifies the zoning, all asociateted uses and information regarding a parcel or parcels in the Town of Stallings.
- Special Event & Temporary Structure: This permit ensure sthat proposed special events and temporary structures comply with the requirements of Article 15 and any other applicable standards and specifications of this Ordinance, no use that is classified as a special event requiring a permit, and/or no structure that is classified as a temporary structure and permitted as such in the zoning district in which it is located shall be placed or established on the property without first receiving a special event/temporary structure zoning permit from the Development Administrator. These events could include birthday party's, 4th of July festivities and concerts. Temporary structures could include, tents, stages and bouncy castles.
Vested Rights Zoning Permit
: This permit applies to individuals that wanted to have vested rights when submitting their Site Development Plan.
Code of Ordinance Permits
- Amplified Sound Permit: This application is for any type of loud sounds that could apply for any period of time. This could include a DJ or concert.
- Chicken Permit: This permit is for aquring and housing chickens on a proprty in the Town of Stallings. Chickens are prohibited on lots less than 10,890 square feet (1/4 acre). Coops shall be a minimum of thirty (30’) feet from the nearest residence, other than that of the owner, and twenty-five (25’) feet from any lot line. Roosters are prohibited in Stallings. Be sure to check with your HOA before submitting a permit.
- Demolition Permit: This permit is required for the permission of the Town to demolish any and all structures within the limits of the Town of Stallings.
- Solicitation Permit: This permit is required for the permission of the Town to conduct any and all types of solicitation within the limits of the Town of Stallings.
- ABC Permit: Page for information about all types of ABC permits for the State of North Carolina.
- Speedhump Policy and Petition: When citizens of Stallings are interested in employing the techniques of “Neighborhood Traffic Management” (NTM) due to the need for increased safety as in the installation of a speed hump, this permit must be utilized.