Garbage, recycling, and yard waste pick up are paid for through your municipal taxes and are collected by Waste Connections/God Bless the USA.
Stallings Only Hotline
Stallings Residents: Waste Connections has set up a dedicated hotline just for you! If you have any garbage, recycling, or yard waste issues or questions, call 704-776-9724.
How Can We Help You?
Click here for your garbage requests, compliments, or issues.
Recycling got you confused? Let us help! See below for recycling information and guidelines. For Stallings residents, no glass is allowed in your recycling bin. However, you can still take glass to your local Union County convenience site for recycling at no charge.
Yard Waste Reminders:
- Yard waste pick-up is biweekly.
- You are allowed the following number of bags per pick up:
- 32 gallon bags = 25 bags per house OR 64 gallon bags = 12 bags per house
- Please use clear biodegradable or paper yardwaste bags.
- Branches must be bundled.
- Branches or pieces of wood must be less than 4" in diameter and less than 4' in length.
- Bundles must weigh less than 50lbs.
- One bundle = one bag of yard waste.
- Do not put out burn barrels or ashes.
The Town provides three bulk pick-ups each calendar year for all residents. They are usually scheduled in the Spring, Summer, and Fall during which each household is allowed up to four (4) bulk items to dispose.
Acceptable Bulk Waste Items:
▪ Air conditioners - Window units only.
▪ Appliances (residential stoves, microwaves, dishwashers, washer, dryer); must be empty;
refrigerators/freezers- remove doors
▪ Basketball goal - Remove concrete base & dismantle; concrete will not be collected
▪ Bathtubs - No cast iron tubs; 75 lbs. or less
▪ Bed and bed frames - Dismantle.
▪ Carpet/floor coverings- Roll & cut no longer than 4 ft.; Up to 4- rolls accepted (max. 25-lbs each)
▪ Clothing-Must be bagged (consider donating as an alternative)
▪ China cabinet hutches - Empty; tape any glass
▪ Desks/Dressers - Empty.
▪ Entertainment centers - Empty; tape any glass
▪ Fencing –wood fencing only, no metal fences. Remove or flatten protruding nails; limited to 75 lbs. total.
▪ Fireplace inserts - Remove bricks; no bricks collected.
▪ Garbage cans - Tag with a note indicating to take the can.
▪ Glass doors, windows, table inserts - Using tape, make an X over the glass and place at curbside
▪ Grills - Remove propane tanks; 75 lbs or less; no commercial grills.
▪ Gutters - 4 ft. or less.
▪ Lawnmowers – Push mowers only. Remove gasoline and battery, if applicable.
▪ Linoleum - Roll & cut no longer than 4 ft.; Up to 4- rolls accepted (max. 25-lbs each)
▪ Patio furniture
▪ Pianos or organs - 75 lbs. or less; dismantle.
▪ Play sets/swing sets- Remove concrete base and dismantle, remove or flatten nails
▪ Plumbing materials
▪ Plywood & paneling - No larger than 1 in. thick x 4 ft. x 4 ft.
▪ Pool Covers - Folded; only folded cover; 75 lbs. or less will be collected.
▪ Space heaters, oil and kerosene heaters; Must be emptied
▪ Toys (large)
▪ Water heaters
▪ Windows- Tape any glass
Items That Will Not Be Collected:
▪ Any remnant materials resulting from work performed by a contractor or any significant home renovation.
▪ Automobile parts including motors, tires, rims, doors, fenders, car seats, batteries, bumpers, etc.
▪ Cardboard boxes. Please cut down to 3 feet by 3 feet (or smaller) pieces and place in the recycling cart
▪ Central air conditioning or heating units
▪ Ceramic tile
▪ Chain link fencing
▪ Concrete blocks or pieces
▪ Dirt or sand
▪ Drywall or plaster
▪ Duct or sheet metal materials
▪ Fence posts with concrete attached
▪ Fire-damaged items
▪ Grocery carts
▪ Floor coverings (except carpet/padding removed by homeowner, see size/qty restrictions on acceptable list)
▪ Hot tubs/Jacuzzis
▪ Marble or simulated marble countertops
▪ Nails or boards with protruding nails
▪ Paint & other hazardous waste (please contact the Union County Landfill)
▪ Pallets (wooden)
▪ Propane/oxygen tanks
▪ Railroad ties/landscape timbers
▪ Roofing materials and shingles
▪ Yard waste
Residents can also contact Waste Connections directly to arrange additional bulk pick-ups. The fee associated for each additional bulk pick-up is the responsibility of the resident.
In addition to using Waste Connections, bulk items can be taken to the Union County Solid Waste Management Facility (landfill) located in Wingate. There is a charge to use this facility. More information on the landfill can be found here.
Please contact Waste Connections/God Bless the USA at (704)708-5USA (5872) for any questions or concerns regarding your trash, recycle, or yard waste collection.