Code Enforcement

Second Floor, 315 Stallings Road, Stallings, NC 28104
Monday - Friday, 9:00 AM - 5:00 PM
Phone: (704) 821-0316
Stallings Code of Ordinances - Full Document

The Stallings Code Enforcement department is responsible for preventing, detecting, investigating, and enforcing violations of local ordinances. We are dedicated to improving the appearance of the community and maintaining standards of living through the regulation of public health, safety, and welfare; building standards; land use; zoning; and municipal affairs. We work with residents to ensure that Stallings remains a safe and attractive place to live, work, shop, and play.

To report a property or zoning violation, please call us at (704) 821-0316. A Code Enforcement Officer will visit the site during normal business hours to determine if a violation exists. If so, we will work with the tenant and/or property owner to bring the property into compliance.

After-hours violations: If you see a violation after hours (nights or weekends), please contact the Stallings Police Department's non-emergency number at (704) 289-3323.

Frequently Asked Questions:

How tall can grass be in town limits? The maximum height of grass in town limits is 18 inches.

Is street parking allowed? Yes, street parking is allowed in residential zoned areas as long as your vehicle has current registration. However, some subdivisions have HOA covenants that prohibit street parking.

Are residents allowed to burn yard waste on their property? No. Residents are not allowed to burn yard waste in town limits as yard waste removal is provided bi-weekly. More information on yard waste removal can be found here.

Is a permit required to remove trees from my property? 

  • Yes, a tree permit is required unless one of the following applies:

    • Routine maintenance of existing vegetation outside the public rights-of-way, such as pruning, watering, and fertilizing.

    • The removal of dead trees and shrubs, or trees and shrubs that have been diagnosed and determined to be diseased beyond treatment. The burden of proof is on the remover.

    • Removal of soil or vegetation from undeveloped land to allow for noncommercial open space no greater than one-quarter acre, provided this activity does not take place within the CRZ of any rare or specimen tree.

    • Land disturbing activity normally associated with the occupancy of an existing single-family or two-family dwelling.

    • Any new construction or expansion of a single-family or two-family dwelling requiring a building permit and involving land disturbance less than 10,000 square feet, unless the cumulative land disturbance is over 10,000 square feet.

Code Enforcement Monthly Reports