Stallings Park Ambassador Program:
The Stallings Parks & Recreation Committee has a Park Ambassador Program. We are looking for individuals of all ages that want to give back to their community, make changes to events or programs, and/or just want to be a part of a fun team!
Areas of Service:
- Event Planning
- Event Management
- Program Assistance
- Park Representatives
- Park Clean-Up
For more information on individual volunteer opportunities, check us out on VolunteerMatch.org!
Volunteers that have worked with us can keep track of their hours and sign up for future events at Sign Up Genius.
Not ready to make a long-term Volunteer Commitment?
You do not have to be an official Park Ambassador to work with the Parks and Rereation Department! We gladly accept one-time volunteers. Perhaps you have service hours you want to get done, or you might be interested in one particiular event or program... we can always use your help
Frequently Asked Questions
How do I find the Park Rules?
Stallings/Blair Mill Park Rules & Regulations
Open 8:00 AM – Dusk (September – April)Open 8:00 AM – 8:30 PM (May – August)
The park is closed Thursday mornings for mowing (7:00 AM – 10:00 AM)
- Motorized vehicles are not allowed in the parkNo pets allowedDo not leave children unattended
- No rollerblades, skates, or skateboards
- Bicycle riders must be 12 years of age or younger to use their bicycles.
- ALL riders must were a helmet. Remember: pedestrians have the right of way
- No selling, soliciting, or exhibiting material without Town of Stallings Parks and Recreation Department issued permit.
- No commercial or political signsNo alcoholic beveragesNo weapons, firearms, or fireworks
- No glass containersNo smoking
- Click HERE for Disc Golf Rules
Stallings Fountain Rules & Regulations
Dress Attire: shorts and t-shirts must be worn at all times within the fountain.
- Park guests must also wear proper attire in the park
- The fountain is an unsupervised area; all children under the age of 12 much have adult supervision at all times
- Do not drink the water. The water is chlorinated and re-circulated through filtration systems.
- Do not change diapers on or near the fountain. Changing stations are located in the restrooms
- All non potty trained children must wear a swim diaper
- No glass or food on or within 20 feet of the fountain
- No mud or debris in the fountainFootwear/sandals are strongly recommended
- No bubbles, detergents, or foreign substances used in or around the fountainNo sitting or standing on water spheres
*FOUNTAIN MAY BE CLOSED AT ANY TIME DUE TO WEATHER, MAINTENANCE, OR OTHER OPERATIONAL CONCERNS*
Are dogs allowed at the Parks?
Pets are not permitted at Stallings Municipal Park. Service Animals are permitted as long as owners have proper documention present.
Dogs are allowed at Blair Mill Park, but must remain on a leash. Pet waste must be properly disposed of.
When are the Parks open?
September-April: 8:00 am - DUSK
May-August: 8:00 am - 8:30 pm
*Stallings Park: Opens at 10:00 am on THURSDAYS for maintenance
*Blair Milll Park: Opens at 10:00 am on WEDNESDAYS for maintenance
When does the Interactive Fountain run?
2016 Dates and Times:
10am to 1pm & 3pm to 6pm
Daily- June 10-August28
Weekends-May20-June 10 & August 28-Sept17
Are bikes allowed at the Parks?
Bikes and scooters are allowed at both parks. We do ask that everyone wears a helemt while riding. No Skateboards!
What is the distance if I walk around Stallings Park?
2 laps around the perimeter of the park is approximately one mile.
Is there a lost and found?
We're sorry to hear you lost something! Call 704.821.8557 and we will do our best to help you.
Is there Wi-Fi available at the Parks?
Can we bring grills to the Parks?
Small household grills are permitted at the park for use. Any hot coals and ash must be disposed of in proper bins.
Is alcohol permitted at the Parks?
No, we do not permit alcohol on any town property.